dras knowledge

Thursday, January 17, 2002

Does "wholistic" medicine mean you accept it all?

I’m sure you’ll find nurses among those who share perspective and ideals of wholistic healthcare, myself among them. But does wholistic care need to include special gizmos and gadgets, pill and potions, and practitioners preaching beyond the fringes of understood science?

Pseudoscience dressed up as legitimate science compromises legitimate science. Soothsaying, self-designated health professionals compromise the legitimate healing arts and their professions. This is all without mentioning the dangers to the users.

I am hoping that my tax dollar and insurance premium is not spent on health treatments that have no legitimate evidence of benefit. I've been known to take vitamins, practice meditation, practice religion, burn fragrant candles in my house, drink chamomile tea when I’ve a cold - and support "Evidence Based Medicine." And, I think I’m not a hypocrite.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home