dras knowledge

Friday, September 17, 2004

Ionized water foot bath

Based on Google hits regarding Ionized water foot bath, I think this has everything to do with specialized water.

The best Website for the casual reader I have found is: http://www.chem1.com/CQ/clusqk.html or http://www.chem1.com/CQ/wonkywater.html. These are fun pages. The Website reads and follows like an extreme "debunker" site which makes me little skeptical of all the information. But, I'm sure if I researched things out for myself, I'd find nothing wrong with the scientific facts that are presented. The links in the reference section are just as fun.

Just so I'm being fair. Here is a site, indicating an MD is the author, that explains not only the science, but the wonderful marketing potential of altered (structured) water. http://www.aquatechnology.net/page11.html . Here is why I am skeptical of this Website:
1. It's a commercial site that is OUT TO SELL SOMETHING.
2. It uses personal attacks against "naysayers."
3. It provides no references for scientific statements of proof, despite having a long list of them available on the site.
4. It excuses the lack of scientific evidence by claiming an argument for "subtle energies" that are not measured using traditional empiric means.
5. The scientific statements presented do not clearly explain any real difference between the structured water they wish to make available to market and regular tap water.

There is established science pertaining to structured water: Do you have a water softener? Water out of a water softener meets most anyones definition of "structured" water. Any claims about structured, clustered, ionized, etc. water benefits beyond what regular softened water would provide is purely speculative in my belief.

**The "chem1.com" website I reference above is part of an anti-quackery webring (linked on the site's homepage,) I have not been to all the webring sites, but I do know all the Websites in it are not created equal. Some are full of rants (non-objective complaints), and some are a little anti-religion. I always remind myself that healthcare approaches are not about "good and evil." Rather, anywhere between extremes of being scientifically established and full of deceit and fraud.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home